Clearwater Personal Injury Attorney
For A Free Consultation 877-767-1032

It’s 2010!! Check your auto insurance policy to make sure you are covered!

It’s the beginning of a NEW YEAR!! Start the year off SAFE and PROTECTED by making sure your motor vehicle insurance is adequate to cover you and your family members in the event of an accident. Florida law only requires that you have Personal Injury Protection (PIP) benefits which cover up to $10,000 of your medical bills and lost wages if you are injured in an accident (regardless of whether or not you are at fault for the accident), and $10,000 of Property Damage to cover damage to property due to YOUR negligence. If you can afford it, you need to have Bodily Injury Liability coverage (BI) AND Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage (UM). BI coverage pays for your legal defense costs if you are sued as well as damages related to another person’s injuries which you cause as a result of your negligence in operating a motor vehicle. The more assets you own, the more BI coverage you should obtain. UM coverage is also very important insurance to have on your policy because if the other driver who causes the accident has no insurance or not enough BI insurance coverage on their policy to compensate you or your family members who are injured in an accident, you can make a claim under your UM policy for damages suffered by you and your family members. If you can afford these additional coverages, GET THEM. And don’t skimp on insurance to protect you if you own and operate a motorcycle, as well. Auto insurance companies can provide medical payment coverage and UM coverage for motorcycle owners.

Contact Form Tab