Clearwater Catastrophic Injury Attorney
At the law offices of Roman & Roman, our Clearwater catastrophic injury attorneys deal with all types of injuries sustained in all types of accidents. We approach each case with the utmost in dedication and attention, meeting with each client personally and bringing together 50 years of combined experience in pursuit of the maximum compensation available. When the injuries sustained in an accident are truly catastrophic, however, an even greater degree of care and skill must be applied to make sure the injury victim and family members receive the compensation they need to meet a lifetime of additional costs and burdens. At Roman & Roman, our Clearwater catastrophic injuries attorneys are here to meet that challenge and get you the money you need to meet the challenges facing you.
Catastrophic Injury Attorneys in Clearwater
While there are different types of catastrophic injuries, one thing they have in common is an enormous cost, both in terms of initial medical treatment and rehabilitation, as well as long-term care. An attorney who is inexperienced in catastrophic injury cases may fail to consider all of the expenses that may be involved over the lifetime of the injury victim in areas as diverse as healthcare, housing, transportation, mobility, and vocational needs. Our catastrophic injuries attorneys in Clearwater work with doctors, physiatrists, economists and life care planners as necessary to ensure that all costs are considered, as well as compensation for the emotional and practical challenges that must be faced, the loss of quality of life, and other recognized legal damages.
Below are some of the most catastrophic injuries and the additional costs which must often be considered:
- Spinal Cord Injury – Adaptations and assistive devices to maximize mobility, self-care, and independence; ongoing medical complications such as infections
- Traumatic Brain Injury – Need for a variety of ongoing therapy, including occupational therapy, physical therapy, speech therapy, cognitive therapy and psychological counseling
- Burn Injuries – Often require multiple surgeries and skin grafts; long-term pain management; counseling
- Amputation/Loss of Limb – Adaptations to home and work environment; quality of life issues; wound care; frequent prosthetic fittings and replacements; occupational therapy to learn new strategies to compensate for loss of limb
- Fractures – May require multiple surgeries to ensure bones heal properly; may require insertion of pins, plates or other devices; long-term physical therapy
Catastrophic Injury Cases Can Be Complicated
When a catastrophic or severe injury has occurred, frequently the facts of the case are quite complicated, making it more difficult to establish the negligence or fault of the responsible party. Even when proving liability is not the biggest hurdle, it can still be a challenge to prove the legal damages and justify the amount of compensation you are seeking to a jury who is unfamiliar with such catastrophic situations. We take the time to prepare a thorough, persuasive case – with the help of experts as necessary – to present a compelling argument for the judge or jury in court, or for the insurance company in settlement negotiations.
Help is Available from Experienced Clearwater Catastrophic Injury Attorneys
When you hire Roman & Roman, you get a family of Clearwater catastrophic injuries attorneys who are committed to your well-being and seeing that you get all the compensation you need and deserve to deal with the injuries inflicted on you and move forward with the maximum in medical care and independence available to you. If you have suffered a catastrophic injury, personal injury, criminal law, business or real estate law, or if you are the caregiver for a family member who needs your help, contact Roman & Roman at our offices in Clearwater, Tampa & Hudson, Florida.