Clearwater Record Sealing & Expungement Attorney
Record Expungement Attorneys in Clearwater
It is a very frustrating experience to have already served your sentence for a crime and it still follows you everywhere you go in life. At Roman & Roman, our experienced Clearwater record expungement attorneys can take your case to court and try to have your prior record sealed or even physically destroyed so that no one will be able to find your criminal record. Generally, you can have only one charge sealed or expunged. However, sometimes if all charges arose from one arrest we can argue to have the entire record sealed or expunged.
When a record is sealed, an arrest or disposition will no longer be a public record. Certain agencies will still be able to access your prior record but the general public will not be permitted to any longer.
When a record is expunged, your file is physically destroyed. It will no longer be accessible to anyone. However, one copy is confidentially kept at the Florida Department of Law Enforcement and is not accessible to the general public.
Eligibility Criteria for Sealing & Expungement:
- You have never previously sealed/expunged a record before.
- You have never previously been found guilty of any criminal offense — felony or misdemeanor.
- You are not currently under any type of court ordered supervision such as probation or community control.
- You did not enter a plea of guilty or no contest to any of the offenses that Florida does not allow to be sealed or expunged.
At Roman & Roman, our Clearwater expungement attorneys will look into your past history free of charge to see if you qualify to have your record sealed or expunged.
Offenses that Florida Law does not allow to be sealed/expunged:
- Aggravated Assault
- Aggravated Battery
- Aircraft Piracy
- Sexual Battery
- Burglary of a Dwelling
- Child Abuse
- Stalking and Aggravated Stalking
- Acts of Domestic Violence
- Home Invasion Robbery
- Illegal Use of Explosives
- Aggravated Abuse of an Elderly Person or Disabled Adult
- Drug Trafficking
- Obscenity Offenses