Help for Victims of Florida Construction Site Accidents
It can be dangerous to work on a construction site. Many of the jobs are physically strenuous and accidents do happen. Some of these accidents result in life-long issues, serious injuries, or even death. Because Florida has a large demand for construction, the state has a high rate of accidents.
Many contractors and developers are committed to the safety of their teams. But even with precautions in place, there are times when individuals are injured and their lives become complicated by expensive hospital bills and lost wages. If you or someone you love was injured on a job site, talk to a Clearwater, Hudson or Tampa construction accident attorney.
A Variety of Injuries Can Happen at Construction Sites
The companies behind construction projects must do all they can to prevent injuries. It is important as construction site injuries can be severe, there are even fatalities. If a contractor or company has not provided a safe work environment, they could be negligent. Many types of injuries have resulted in damage compensation, including the following.
- Electrocutions and burns. When there are toxic chemicals, electrical hazards, and explosive elements on a construction site, workers can suffer from burn injuries or electrocution damage, such as internal organ injury and brain injury.
- Environment injuries. Workers can suffer from hypothermia, heat stroke, and frostbite when they are forced to work outside in severe weather conditions.
- Head trauma. If a worker falls or an object falls on a worker, there can be head injuries, including concussions and cuts.
- Heavy construction equipment can break bones when it is not secured adequately.
- Repetitive task injuries. Back issues, carpal tunnel, and loss of hearing are types of stress injuries that can lead to wage loss and medical bills.
Talk to a Construction Accident Lawyer Today
If you or someone you love was injured on a construction site, an experienced personal injury attorney can help you pursue damage compensation. With a seasoned attorney on your side, you can move forward with confidence. It takes knowledge to know which strategy will work best and how to maximize the amount of compensation that could be distributed.
Even if you thought an injury was minor but now have concerns, it is worthwhile to talk to a Clearwater, Hudson or Tampa construction accident attorney. After all, some injuries worsen over time and some of those injuries can be lifelong. This is true with minor surgery procedures that cause a dangerous infection, for instance.
When another is negligent, a lawsuit is a possibility to explore. Before accepting any settlement offer, discuss your situation with a legal professional. The settlement offer may be far too low, not taking future healing or pain and suffering into account.
Do you have extensive medical bills because of a construction accident? If you have high hospital bills and are coping with unemployment due to your injuries, talk to an experienced personal injury lawyer to understand your rights. The attorneys at Roman & Roman have over 100 years of combined experience. Schedule your free consultation today in Clearwater, Hudson, or Tampa.