Why Should I Hire a Car Accident Lawyer in Clearwater for My Case?
There is no law prohibiting a person from representing themselves if they are in injured in a car accident. However, there are numerous reasons why it is not a good idea to represent yourself and why it will benefit you to hire an experienced car accident lawyer in Clearwater to handle your personal injury claim. Here are just some of those reasons:
- Do you know the law? An attorney who is experienced in handling car accident cases knows the law applicable to your injury case and is therefore in a far better position to argue the law to the insurance adjusters involved.
- Do you know when to settle your case? Insurance adjusters will try to get away with offering you as little money as possible for your injury claim when you represent yourself. They may also try to get you to settle your case prematurely and prior to your even realizing the full extent of your injuries and damages. Settling an accident case too soon could result in big regrets down the road.
- Do you have any realistic idea what your injury case could be worth? The experienced car accident lawyer in Clearwater will be in a position to advise you as to the realistic value of your claim based upon the liability issues involved, the type of injuries you have, past and future medical treatment and the cost of same, past and future loss of income, etc. This is because the car accident lawyer has the experience to know what insurance companies typically pay for similar injuries and what the possible outcomes could be if your case ends up in court and at a jury trial.
- Will you be in a position to obtain the necessary opinions from your treating doctors to support your claim when you present it to the insurance adjuster? A car accident lawyer in Clearwater will be able to communicate on your behalf with your treating doctors and obtain the opinions necessary to convince the insurance companies to make a reasonable settlement offer on your claim.
- Were any of your bills covered by health insurance? If you receive a settlement in a personal injury case from the insurance company, there may be liens placed against the settlement monies by your health insurance company (and/or the government if you have Medicare, Medicaid, Tricare, etc.). If these liens are not paid or handled properly when settling your injury claim, you could potentially jeopardize your entitlement to future health insurance coverage and/or governmental benefits. Even some hospitals have the right to impose a lien against your settlement funds. Hiring the experienced car accident lawyer in Tampa or Clearwater is the best protection to ensure that your health insurance coverage stays in force and that you will not be subjected to a lawsuit by a lienholder.
- Do you know what type of experts you will need on your case? Your experienced personal injury lawyer will hire the consultants and experts necessary to process and prepare your case, such as engineers, vocational rehabilitation experts, economists, accident reconstruction experts, etc.
If you are injured in a motor vehicle accident, hiring an experienced car accident lawyer in Clearwater or Tampa to represent you as soon as possible is the best course of action you can take to protect your legal rights and maximize your recovery.