Switch to ADA Accessible Theme
Clearwater Personal Injury Attorney
For A Free Consultation 877-767-1032

Personal Injury Protection Coverage (PIP)

I recently met with a new auto accident client, and this person asked me why he was receiving bills from a doctor who had treated him for injuries he suffered in a motor vehicle accident. This client thought that his personal injury protection insurance was supposed to pay for all of his medical bills. This is a question that is asked often the first time I meet with an auto accident client.

Everyone needs to be aware that standard personal injury protection coverage (“PIP”) on your auto insurance policy only pays 80% of a bill you have incurred as a result of treatment for an accident. You are responsible for the other 20%. Also, your PIP will stop paying bills once your PIP has paid $10,000 for your accident related bills. You are responsible for any unpaid medical bills once your PIP is exhausted.

You should ask your automobile insurance agent for additional PIP and/or a coverage called “Medical Payments” coverage, which will pay the 20% of the bill that PIP doesn’t pay (up to your chosen policy limit), plus medical bills over and above the first 10,000 of PIP coverage.

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn
Clearwater Office

Clearwater Office

fax: 727-736-3234
2274 FL-580
Clearwater, FL 33763
Hudson Office

Hudson Office

Hernando: 352-796-2151
fax: 727-736-3234
12000 U.S. Hwy 19
Hudson, FL 34667
Tampa Office

Tampa Office

(by appointment only)
fax: 727-736-3234
9301 W. Hillsborough Ave.
Tampa, FL 33615
The hiring of a lawyer is an important decision that should not be based solely upon advertisements. Before you decide, ask us to send you free written information about our qualifications and experience.

This web site is designed for general information only. The information presented at this site should not
be construed to be formal legal advice nor the formation of a lawyer/client relationship.

© 2015 - 2024 Roman & Roman, P.A. All rights reserved.

Contact Form Tab