Injured In A Grocery Store?
Grocery stores are a central point for shoppers all around the state of Florida. Patrons of grocery stores depend on them to purchase food and other necessities they need. Yet most grocery store shoppers never realize how dangerous shopping can be. The typical grocery store has many dangers and unsuspecting patrons are often hurt as a result.
Owners of grocery stores have a legal responsibility to their customers and to keep a sufficient safety level. Also, owners or employers need to warn patrons of potential hazards in and around their stores. Patrons rely on store owners to upkeep their grocery stores and fix any hazardous situations before anyone gets injured. Nevertheless, many store owners do not live up to their legal responsibilities, and premises liability law provides injured patrons with a legal remedy.
Steps to take After a Grocery Store Accident
Shoppers that are involved in grocery store accidents are recommended to take the below steps:
- Without delay, ask to talk to the store manager. In the case you are severely hurt and incapable of moving, you should ask any bystanders to find the manager. It is crucial to ensure that the store manager catches a glimpse of you and the cause of your harm.
- Request the store manager to complete an accident report and ask for a copy. The manager will probably ask for your name, phone number and additional specifics relating to the incident. Distinguish any and all sources of your injuries, such as a wet bathroom floor, loose refrigerator cord or objects that fell off a shelf.
- Never tell the store manager that the incident or your injuries were caused by any doing on your part or that the accident was your fault. You do not have to accept any responsibility for the accident. By admitting fault, it could greatly weaken your personal injury claim.
- Ask for emergency medical help, if needed. By asking the grocery store manager to call 911, the medics can make sure that you are not severely harmed. Additionally, this will support your personal injury claim, particularly in situations where the grocery store or their insurance company try to assert that you did not endure any harm. Remember that certain injuries may not appear until days after the accident.
- Collect as much information as possible. For instance, the contact information of witnesses, and take photos of the scene of the incident and the circumstances that it resulted from. Also, try to look for store cameras nearby that may have recorded your accident.
By following the above steps, you will have evidence that will go a long way to help your case. This is critical because victims hold the burden of proof in grocery store accidents.
Let Us Help You Today
If you or a loved one was injured in a grocery store accident, our personal injury attorneys are here to represent you. Our aggressive and dedicated attorney will do everything in their power to obtain the compensation that you deserve. This often includes monetary compensation for your hospital and other medical expenses, lost wages from work and pain and suffering.
Our personal injury attorneys have over 100 years of combined legal experience and have recovered millions of dollars in settlements and verdicts on behalf of our clients. If you or a loved one were injured in a grocery store accident in Florida, call Roman & Roman today at 877-767-1032 or contact us online for a free consultation. We have offices in Clearwater, Hudson, and Tampa.